Saturday, 31 December 2016

Stepping Into 2017.

I genuinely do not know what has happened to this year.  2016 just started...then ended.   I recall seeing a video on Facebook this week, I'm sure some of you have seen it, where a guy involuntarily bounces down a waterslide, each bounce indicating several months throughout the year, and then as he approaches the end of 2016, he is catapulted into 2017!!  It's brilliant, I loved it.   This totally describes my year. 

Anyway....

The passed few years I admit I haven't particularly made any new years resolutions, but for me, for 2017 I would like to:

Save a bit more money.  This means not spending money on crap, and keep up with my money jar technique.  Basically I have taken some money out and put it into a jar to stop me from using my bank card and forgetting what I have spent my money on.  I only take the cash when I need it, like for petrol etc.   It's working out ok so far.



And really, the only other thing I have come up with at the moment is I would like to start baking more.  I watched The Great British Bake Off again tonight, and it has definitely rubbed off on me this year.  So I would like to do a bit more of that.  Apparently, I have heard, it can be very therapeutic!



I think I will leave it at that for now.  The last few years I have made New Years resolutions I haven't been able to keep any of them.  Last year I was dead set against making any I seem to recall.  So I will just go with the two I think.  I like to keep things simple.   I am thinking about making some blogging 'goals' as well, which I actually have never, ever done before, but I think I will start off with some little monthly goals, instead of making some really huge yearly ones that might not work.... So I shall have to see what 2017 will bring.

Now I just need to locate my new diary, because I have put it safe somewhere....

Happy New Year everyone!


Thanks for reading!


Sarah x
SHARE:
Post a Comment
Blogger templates by pipdig