Sunday, 23 July 2017

From Watercolours To Acrylics.





So this is how I have spent my Sunday, testing out my new acrylic paints I got for myself.  That and despairing over how Microsoft Paint is being scrapped after 32 years!  I have just this minute read this, check it out if you haven't seen it.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/24/microsoft-paint-kill-off-after-32-years-graphics-editing-program?CMP=share_btn_tw



I can't believe it.  I was 2 years old when that was created!  Anyway...moving on.  Although I do still very much love painting with watercolours, I am finding that acrylic paints seem to have suddenly caught my attention.    The only little thing, and it is only a minor detail, is that I am still painting on watercolour paper....but I thought, I am only practicing at the moment and I didn't want to start spending out on paper straight away in case I didn't get on with them.   I thought that seemed sensible.   These are a few I have done so far.






I quite like the way this one has turned out.  I had fun with this one.  I wanted the brighter colours to stand out so I put it on the black background.  I think it looks quite effective, and yet so simple.  I also started to introduce a bit of water mixed in with my paints with this one to see what effect it would give me.  I like this painting because it started to show me how strong acrylic colours can look on paper.








I will say... I know this is a bit dark.  I had an idea about this one, and to be fair I wasn't intending to go as dark as I did, looking at it now I could have brought some of the red colour through the middle perhaps, but I still like it.  It's an iron gate at sunset.  I have also been told it looks a bit 'celtic'.  So that's cool.   It is perhaps one of the darkest paintings I have ever done that is for sure.  I still enjoyed painting it.







Out of the three paintings this one is my favourite and I am really pleased how it has turned out.  Purple and blue are my favourite colours so I decided to have a go at doing this sky with just some dark grass at the bottom.  So it is a night time scene, so again, quite dark, but I really love it.  It definitely turned out better than I had hoped so that's pretty good.  I might even put it on my wall.


So I feel that I am having a few good art days recently and still loads of room for improvement too.  Let's see if I can keep them up.



Thanks for reading.


Sarah x





 

SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig