Monday, 3 July 2017

Going To Set Myself A Reading Challenge.




I know lots of people out there do this so it must be really popular, but it is something I myself have never done.  I will have to be honest and say I haven't read a book for probably about six months or so, and that book was actually The Ice Twins by T.R. Tremayne.  It was very good actually, it had a good ending.  But for some reason after I read The Ice Twins I haven't been able to become interested in reading any other books.  I do think that's quite strange for me as I always used to read a lot.   So I have decided I would really love to start reading again.



Here are a few books I have read in the past:


The Hobbit

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy

Most of Stephen King's works including IT, The Shining, Carrie and Misery.






Terry Pratchett's Discworld including Witches Abroad, Mort and The Fifth Elephant.




Pride and Prejudice

Sense and Sensibility

Bridget Jones' Diary







Of Mice and Men

Dean Koontz including: By The Light Of The Moon, Breathless.

Katie Fforde: Paradise Fields

Jeffery Deaver including: The Sleeping Doll, Praying For Sleep, The Bodies Left Behind.










I do prefer the mystery/thriller style genre more than anything else, but I do on occasion like a 'lighter' read, and Katie Fforde is one of my favourite authors for that.


It seems really strange that I haven't been reading for such a long time.  I still read magazines of course, but it's nowhere near the same.  So after looking on Goodreads, Amazon and Waterstones, I have compiled a list of books that I would like to read.  I came up with quite a lot actually, but these are going to be my first five:


1)  Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes

2)  All The Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

3)  Chocolat by Joanne Harris

4)  Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

5)  The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness



I think it will be quite interesting for me to first of all see if I can get through all these five books, and in what time scale.   Now that is an interesting thought.  I genuinely have no idea how long it will take me to read them.  I'll just start the first one and see how I get on.

Wish me luck.



Thanks for reading.


Sarah x



SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig