Monday, 24 July 2017

Ultimate Content Marketing 101.3




The last time I wrote a post about the topic of content marketing I indulged in the idea of presenting interesting facts in little bitesize snippets as it can be easier, particularly if you are a new blogger just starting out, to digest and take from these chunks what you feel you find useful.

Somehow, whilst I share my research, I am going to attempt to learn how to use content marketing more effectively whilst I blog whether that be casually, or how I am blogging right now.  What I have immediately found out is, well this is not easy.  But I guess it is not supposed to be easy to begin with.   And yet it still fascinates me.

These are a few bitesize snippets I have come across whilst browsing the internet today.



1) Renew Old Content.






This is probably one of the easiest ones to do, and at some point we have all probably already done it.  I did it last week in for my last post on content marketing.


https://sarahsdreamscapes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/ultimate-content-marketing-1012.html


Do you know what I did?  I added an extra image into the content.   That's it.  That's how I renewed my original content.   I know that doesn't sound like an awful lot.  But I wanted to see if it made a difference, and this post did get a few more views than it did before, so thank you for all who have read this piece.   Maybe a picture does speak a thousand words!   In all seriousness it is also very effective to perhaps add in or expand on an original piece of text as well as, or instead of.  Try both maybe. Still a great idea.



2) Make A Plan To Gain A Bigger Audience.


This I have been trying to do for such a long time.  Generally I tend to just use Twitter and just recently Pinterest to promote my posts, but today I made a bit of a leap and set up Buffer.  I have only been using it for quite literally half a day, but already I am starting to notice a difference, plus I only have the free version at the moment.   But I have been so impressed with it already I am noticing a difference.  You also have the option to pay to get more privileges with it, or just have the free version.  So if you don't have Buffer already, I highly recommend it because I think particularly long-term, it's going to make a huge difference to me.   That is my first step in planning for gaining a bigger audience.





3) Always Make A Reference To Your Favourite Bloggers.


Or anyone else you gain inspiration from that has helped you along your blogging journey.   I tend to use Twitter a lot for this because of the amount of bloggers that I have started following recently.  They are all unique in their own ways, and they all have something interesting to say, and I thoroughly enjoy reading and commenting on other peoples blogs.    It gives a sense of community and I have made some really great friends along the way.



4)  Talk About Trends.


I need to do this a bit more.  As I mentioned I do use Twitter an awful lot, like every day, but I don't always look to see what is trending all the time.  Trends change so often but I guess in a way that is even more reason to stay on top of them.  One of my favourite sites for trends is http://whatstrending.com/ I check that quite frequently.  So perhaps that is something else that is not particularly hard to do, as long as you are interested and passionate about the thing you are talking about.  I think that is really important.






5) Write Like You Are Speaking To A Friend.


This is a great tip.  I love it because it is really just something so natural, and I feel it is something that I tend to do already.   I think it makes anything that you write a bit more personal and that is a good thing.   That in itself makes information easier to digest.  Or if you look at it a different way, if you sell something on your blog or website for example, sometimes that product on it's own may not sell itself, so if it is a product that you genuinely believe in, then you alone have the ability to sell it.  Writing like you are speaking to a friend means you are being open and honest with your reader, which means that reader will come back.  The same way a customer would go back to the shop they received good service in.



What do you think about these tips?!


Thanks for reading.


Sarah x










SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig