My Blog.

Thursday, 12 April 2018

The Appointment That Didn't Happen.

You may have noticed I have been a little quiet for a week or so.   This is mostly due to me preparing and building myself up mentally for my tooth extraction that I was supposed to finally have done today.   To be totally honest it has really been the only thing on my mind up to today.   I really just wanted to get it over and done with.   My appointment was at 9am this morning, I had already pre-arranged the day off with my manager at work so I was there in plenty of time to have it taken out and then get over it....after it had been done.


My dentist couldn't do it.   Basically, what happened was, last year my crown fell out, and I've left it some time really to get it sorted mainly because it wasn't easy getting an appointment once Christmas, January sales etc were out of the way.   Today was the one I could get to have it taken out.  He had to take some x-rays anyway, but when he came back to me I saw this look on his face and I thought something is up here.   It turns out he is not trained to take out a tooth that is as damaged as the one I have, (sounds bad doesn't it!) particularly as most of the damaged tooth is below the actual gum line.   So what he said was, he wasn't happy about taking it out, and is arranging for a 'surgeon' to come in to remove it for me under local anaesthetic.

So after all that this morning, in one respect I am annoyed that he couldn't take it out today because I could have really done with the bloody thing gone.   On the other hand I respect his decision.   I have been with this dentist a long time now and he knows his stuff so it's fine.   It just means I have to wait now to have it taken out because apparently they are going to contact me when the appointment is made for me.

What can you do?!

So I nipped into work on the way back from the dentist because it's not far away from the place, and told them.   They other day I was invited out for drinks on Saturday night by a few of them from work, and I had originally said that I wasn't going to go because I wasn't sure what I would be like after the extraction.   I figured it probably wouldn't be a good idea going out.    Well I bloody am now.

Anyway I had a little look round town afterwards with my mum, because she had come with me for support whilst I was in the dentist.  I also nipped into work to let them know how it went, or rather, didn't go at the dentist.   Then came home and chilled out for the rest of the day.   It's been a really funny day actually.   I came home after and didn't know what to do with myself because I was expecting to be sleeping or something for the rest of the day.   So just been chilling out, reading my Vogue magazine, cut out some pictures for my collage, watching Ice Age and generally mooching about.

Sometimes days just don't go the way you thought they would.

Thanks for reading.

Sarah x


No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig